Thank you for taking action. Your voice was heard and SB1452 passed out of the House Ways and Means Committee by a vote of 6 to 4!
This bill supports the rights of parents to direct the education of their children by providing funding opportunities with an AZ Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA).
The next step is a vote by the full House of Representatives.
Call to Action!
SB1456 will be heard in the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, March 24 at 9:00 a.m.
We need you to act now by:
1. Calling and emailing members of the House Judiciary Committee (email links below) and asking them to vote YES on SB1456.
Subject Line: Please support SB1456 or Vote Yes on SB1456
Thank you for your service to our state and communities. Please support SB1456 and strengthen parental rights in education. (Add any personal information and/or bullet points below.)
SB1456 will strengthen parental rights and protect children by:
- Prohibiting sex education in grades K-4.
- Making sex education curricula available to parents for review before the parent provides written permission.
- Requiring any instruction on sex education, sexuality, HIV instruction, gender identity and gender expression to have written parental permission.
- Requiring a 60-day public review prior to a school board vote.
Members of the House Judiciary Committee (email links in blue)
Jacqueline Parker, Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 926-3375
Rusty Bowers, Vice Chairman email@example.com (602) 926-3128
Walt Blackman firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 926-3043
Mark Finchem email@example.com (602) 926-3122
Beverly Pingerelli firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 926-3396
Quang H. Nguyen email@example.com (602) 926-3258
César Chávez firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 926-4862
Domingo DeGrazia email@example.com (602) 926-3153
Melody Hernandez firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 926-3449
Diego Rodriguez email@example.com (602) 926-3285
2. Sign on your RTS account and click yes for SB1456. Click here.
For instructions on how to comment on a bill, follow the instructions in this video.