Please contact Arizona House Education Committee Members by Monday March 2nd and ask them to vote yes on SB1061.
Please support SB1061: Parental Rights Disclosure Bill
Parents have the fundamental right to direct the upbringing and education of their children.
Why this bill is needed:
- Arizona statutes contain many parental rights, but many parents are not aware of their existing rights especially as they relate to their child’s education.
- Information enhances parental engagement and protection of students.
- A concise listing of specific existing parental rights should be accessible to everyone.
- Transparency and communication between parents, teachers, and schools can be improved in Arizona.
What this bill will do:
- Directs the Arizona Department of Education to create and post on its website an Electronic Handbook of Parental Rights.
- Each school district and charter school shall prominently post on a publicly accessible portion of its website a link to the Electronic Handbook of Parental Rights.
When you contact the House Education Committee members:
1. By phone, please ask the Representative to support SB1061
If you are asked why you support this bill, use your own words to describe the items listed above or a phrase similar to these:
“Please support SB1061 because parents deserve to know what their rights are, and these rights should be easy to find.”
“Parental rights don’t end at the school house door.”
"Arizona provides strong parental rights in public education, but these rights are worthless if parents are unaware of them."
2. By email, in the subject line type: Vote Yes on SB1061 OR Yes on Parental Rights Disclosure.
3. If you have an RTS Account, (Request to Speak) please register your support for SB1061 by clicking here.
If you do not have a Request to Speak account and would like to get one, please click here.
Representatives to contact in House Education Committee
Michelle Udall MUdall@azleg.gov 602-9264856 Chairwoman
John Fillmore JFillmore@azleg.gov 602-926-3187 Vice-Chair
Nancy Barto NBarto@azleg.gov 602-926-5766
Leo Biasiucci LBiasiucci@azleg.gov 602-926-3018
Isela Blanc IBlanc@azleg.gov 602-926-5187
Reginald Bolding RBolding@azleg.gov 602-926-3132
Frank Carroll FCarroll@azleg.gov 602-926-3249
Regina Cobb RCobb@azleg.gov 602-926-3126
Aaron Lieberman ALieberman@azleg.gov 602-926-3300
Jennifer Pawlik JPawlik@azleg.gov 602-926-3193
Gerae Peten GPeten@azleg.gov 602-926-4842
TJ Shope TShope@azleg.gov 602-926-3012
Kelly Townsend KTownsend@azleg.gov 602-926-4467