The Education Action Network

Taking Back America By Taking Back Our Schools

2-3-14

Dear Governor Ducey,

You and I have a long history regarding public schools and Common Core.  During the campaign you finally indicated that Common Core needed to be removed from the class rooms of Arizona which resulted in the host of those that voted in the Primary election for Diane Douglas voting for you in the main event.  This was a promise you made and a promise you need to keep if you are to be a credible governor.  

You may recall that on at least two occasions I warned you that you are judged by the company you keep.  You denied your association with Senator McCain but now I see your wife is working on a fund raiser for that very person.  Your support of removing Common Core is suspect with your appointment of a 'shadow Superintendent of Public Instruction, Lisa Graham Keating a person that strongly supports Common Core and is an antagonist of our ELECTED Superintendent of Public Instruction, Diane Douglas. 

There are others in your 'company' that give conservatives in our party cause for concern but that is a discussion for  another day.  What I want to voice to you today is this...We elected Diane Douglas to run public education in this state, not you.  Your duties, as I see it, are to run the executive branch of our State Government, not our schools.  Your wading in on administrative affairs of the State Superintendent of Public Instruction are beyond the pale and I strongly suggest that you not only reverse course on this but that you dissolve your 'shadow' Education team and rely on the Superintendent of Public Instruction in the areas of Public Schools.  To not do so violates your promises to We the People of Arizona who I suggest will not forget because people like me and the host of other 'volunteers' that elected Diane will make sure that they do not forget.

Please do the right thing as I have great faith in you in the long run.

All the Best

Wes (Harris)

Views: 178

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent letter!!! Shows we HAVE to stay on top of our elected officials to make sure they do what they SAY they will do when running for office!! Kudos to Wes Harris!!

Welcome back Merrianne, you were missed.

Thank you, Karen. Looks like, sounds like, we are really going to have to push Gov. Ducey hard to get rid of Common Core. I think all of us who support Diane Douglas and getting rid of Common Core need to send him some variation of Wes' letter. I hope to be able to be more involved as time goes on.

Hi Merrianne,

I know you have been going through some tough times lately. Good to see your avatar again.

God Bless

Merrianne Geisdorf said:

Thank you, Karen. Looks like, sounds like, we are really going to have to push Gov. Ducey hard to get rid of Common Core. I think all of us who support Diane Douglas and getting rid of Common Core need to send him some variation of Wes' letter. I hope to be able to be more involved as time goes on.

Diane is in a heap of trouble, two-face  Ducey is going for a "recall"  we need to do something "NOW."  I will take your advice, Merrianne, and mail the whole letter from Wes,  maybe if everyone sent a letter, just thinking!!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Harry Mathews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service