Increase the percentage of tax dollars allocated for education to classroom instruction
- Julie will work to reverse the three year trend in Gilbert Public Schools of decreased classroom spending of the annual budget.
Provide a competitive, quality education without increasing taxes
- Julie will insist that Gilbert Public Schools operates within the current budgetary limits. Most Arizonans are dealing with economic hardships and cannot afford tax increases. A quality education does not equate to top money spent.
Improve district communication with students, parents and the community
- Julie will request board agendas be written in clear terms and posted 72 hours prior to meeting dates.
- All school principals should be required to send out a monthly electronic newsletter communicating school news and provide a link to updated district news.
Protect a parent’s right to direct the education of their children
- Julie will request a policy change for all school sponsored activities to change to an opt-in parental consent. Currently, Gilbert Public Schools has an opt-out policy for all school activities except those that fall under the AZ Parental Rights Act such as sex education.
Improve Gilbert Public Schools District governance transparency
- Julie will request all school board meetings be made available to the public through video recording or live streaming.