The Education Action Network

Taking Back America By Taking Back Our Schools

EAN 6-19-16

At the Gilbert Public Schools Governing Board meeting on June 14, 2014, the board voted to approve a budget for the coming year with a 3-2 vote. In an unprecedented act of fiscal opacity the board removed public input from the process.

Board member Julie Smith, who voted against approval of the budget, claimed that the budget process was “disingenuous at best” and that the numbers simply didn’t add up.

Once again, Superintendent Kishimoto and her 3 sycophants Tram, Santa Cruz and Humpherys cried poverty; claiming they were just scraping by. Bear in mind that they just got a $98 million bond approved in November along with a $18.5 million override, $50 million from Prop 123, plus the annual cost of inflation increase from the state. In fact, it appears that the board actually said there is a budget multi-million dollar deficit.

Factor into all of this the interest that will be paid on the bond, and the burden on the taxpayer is staggering; not to mention that through Prop 123 the land trust was raided; guaranteeing that there will be more calls for tax increases in the future.

I’ll go out a on a limb here and predict that no amount of money will ever satisfy the school district during the Kishimoto administration. 

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

Can you imagine hiring a contractor and not being able to ask that contractor questions about the proposed work and costs?

Who is running for Gilbert School Board? Anybody trustworthy?

Yes, this is a first as far as i know but i suspect this won't be the last. This administration is not know for transparency.

Rob Guderian and Joey Nicita are running for GPS school board. I don't know them but i hear they are pretty good. We'll see.

Peggy McClain said:

Can you imagine hiring a contractor and not being able to ask that contractor questions about the proposed work and costs?

Who is running for Gilbert School Board? Anybody trustworthy?

RSS

© 2017   Created by Harry Mathews.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service